Dean Distillery
Thanks for the kind words guys... Cheers
Reinhard - the watertank was a pain, required making a 'wrap' out of the vertical pieces of wood and then wrapping them around the cylinder. I forgot to take a picture of the WS water inside...

Raph - considering that masterpiece layout you have created, your kind words are especially appreciated. The shingles were easy but time consuming, they came in a big roll that simply had to be cut and then it was 'lick 'em and stick 'em" for a couple of hours. Most difficult part was keeping the cardboard roofs from warping, a lot of steam and pressing them in a big book overnight. I then took some expensive crayons from the art store - burnt sienna, black, gray, brown and white and rubbed top to bottom alternating colors. Pure experiment, had no idea what I was doing, but it came out ok :mrgreen:

biL - original kit came with a molded plastic genuine simulated stone work walls, but looked to "genuine simulated" Icon_lol and was supposed to be painted. The rock is actually WS talus that was strained to get the smallest and most consistent size and shapes. Then the fun began - brushed Elmer's on the cardboard walls, sprinkled on the rock and weighted it down for DAYS until the glue dried. It was no fun, the cardboard kept sweating moisture, warped repeatedly and made me want to pull my hair out! Wallbang After a week or so, it finally dried, then I shot myself in the foot again by trying to fill in the gaps and finally sprayed the whole thing with scenic cement mixture. Let the sweating and warping begin all over again. But eventually it worked itself out. No staining was done to it.

I don't know why the pictures made the tin roof look like a bad trip (as I've been told, of course Eek ). The corrugated roof looks a lot better in person.

Attached Files Image(s)

Cheers,
Richard

T & A Layout Build http://bigbluetrains.com/forum/viewtopic...=46&t=7191

Messages In This Thread