La Mirada, CA Industrial Switching Layout Progress
mountaingoatgreg Wrote:Josh,

This is looking good!!
I really like the complexity of the plan but also the compact size of the overall layout.
By the way I am comforted that I am not the only one on hold waiting for parts from walthers...

Oh well it will give us both time to work on other projects...right Goldth

Thanks Greg Misngth

I put the legs on the module today, there folding legs on hinges. This module is 8' long, and well it is pretty hard to handle, and while it was pretty light before, its now pretty heavy with the addition of the legs and leg hardware. Im going to live with it, but I have reduced the size of all the other modules down from 8' to 5'. Here is a new look at the trackplan showing the smaller module sizes. Ive also re-done a bit of the trackwork (some had to be re-worked when the modules were made smaller so turnouts were not on module joints) and ive also added a new structure to the extreme left of the layout. While not prototypical whatsoever, A Rolling Mill was added in next to Spartech Plastics. Reason being, I have a bunch of coil cars and gondolas that I want to be able to run and use, and well they need a place to go LOL.

New module dimensions:

Module #1: 24" W x 60" L
Module #2: 24" W x 60" L
Module #3: 24" W x 72" L
Module #4: 24" W x 63" L
Module #5: 24" W x 96" L
Module #6: 24" W x 60" L
Module #7: 24" W x 60" L
Module #8: 24" W x 60" L

Attached Files Image(s)

Josh Mader

Maders Trains