La Mirada, CA Industrial Switching Layout Progress
Herc Driver Wrote:That look good! I like the elevated mainline with the concrete ties. The weathered rail looks good too.

Thanks Herc! Misngth

tetters Wrote:Looks good Josh. Thumbsup

I wouldn't stress about the appearance of ballast on the ties. Everywhere I look around here in T.O. I see bits of ballast to large spreads of it on top of the ties. Even on the Go Train and Via Passenger Train corridors that cut through the neighborhood close to my house. It's quite liberating to know that if you get some stuck to your ties that it is actually how it looks in the real world.

Thank you Tetters Misngth

And yeah I know that a little ballast here and there is okay, but i dont know why it just bugs the heck out of me and drives me nuts when I see it on the tops of my ties here and there LOL. thats why I spend so much time checking twice and then again Icon_lol

ocalicreek Wrote:Did you forget to slip some ties between the turnouts and the flex track?

Galen

Galen,

Your right, I did Wallbang I think its a little too late to go back and put ties in though, so ill have to live with that one i guess. I dont feel like ripping up the ballast in those spots to fix that. Ill just have to remember to do that on all the other modules 35
Josh Mader

Maders Trains
Offering everyday low prices for the Model Railroad World

Messages In This Thread