Open building
In Gary's thread the topic of open buildings at the front of the layout popped up. I have a very prominent spot in the foreground that "would be" well suited for an industrial building with loading docks etc. but the front side would be off the layout. I had once a building at that place with a black dummy wall. It was technically ok but very boring to lock at. It is the spot I had the tank car unloading facility located to avoid a building with a black wall. I did a new attempt with the recent idea of an "open building". The building has three loading docks spaced for 60' boxcars. On the right hand are two docks for trucks. One is cut in half at the layout boarder.
Here are two shots of the building under construction. Might be it is of interest.

[Image: Img_0041.jpg]
[Image: Img_0042.jpg]

The columns are made from Evergreen 250" x 250" styrene. I hoped to cut them easy and clean with my Chopper. That hope did not materialize. The chopper does not cut rectangular. But I am afraid manually sanding will result in even more different long columns. That is a topic for the more gifted craftsman...

ps. The roof is temporary. A flat piece of styrene will replace the wave on the roof.
Reinhard

Messages In This Thread