Greetings!
I don't know what your layout-building history is ... but I would have one bit of advice for you, based on what I see in the plans that you have described and the quickness with which they have been modified ... TAKE YOUR TIME ... this is not a race ... it is a hobby! The most important thing about a model railroad that is enjoyable to operate and not fraught with frustration due to frequent derailments, is well-laid track! Take your time when laying the track. Check it for gauge, make sure that if there are rail joints on curves that you have not introduced any kinks in the rails at the joints. Nothing is more discouraging than one derailment after another!

Take your time, take care in your track laying, don't be in too much of a hurry ... this hobby is a bit like a journey, it is a hobby to be enjoyed, and building that layout is part of the enjoyable journey. So ... take your time and enjoy ... and learn. I've been enjoying this hobby for over 50 years ... and I still learn new things about the hobby, railroading, steam locomotives, electrical and electronic stuff and even things as simple a building in styrene, something I have been doing for the 2010 Summer Structure Challenge. I am not a newcomer to building structures (or anything else, for that matter) in styrene, but tonight I discovered a couple new approaches to part fabrication, something that I have been doing for over thirty years!

So plan well, but be conservative about your plan ... keep coming to Big Blue and discussing what you are doing, and take photos and post them here ... it makes it easier for all of us to help you, even if that help is merely in the form of encouragement.

But most of all, enjoy the hobby! As they always say ... Model Railroading is fun!
biL

Lehigh Susquehanna & Western 

"America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves." ~~Abraham Lincoln

Messages In This Thread