Atlas MP-15dc With Sound
I can vouch for the Atlas GP38s and B23-7s with Quantum sound - excellent! Silky smooth and sound great.

Don't know about the MP-15 but would assume the same quality. I wonder how heavy it is though... reason is because I have a P2K SW900 with sound and it is very lightweight. So much so, that P2K added a traction tire to each side to help with traction. Now, the downside of the traction tires is the reduced electrical pickup. The track and wheels have to be immaculately clean to keep the loco from sputtering about. I already had a P2K SW900 without sound that is much heavier, so I MUed them together permanently with two wires between them sothey share electrical pick-up. Before they were MUed, I speed matched them through CVs 2 through 6. They run great now.

Over at the BNSF Mykawa Yard, they have four of the Genset switchers and I see them MUed more often than not.

Anyway, enough rambling. Reason I mention the above is so you will be aware of the issues with the smaller sound locos.

Edit: Saw in another thread that your 45 tonner runs like a dream... so you shouldn't have any problems with the MP15 either. Looking forward to your comments on the sound-equipped loco!
Three Foot Rule In Effect At All Times

Messages In This Thread