Atlas MP-15dc With Sound
Gary S Wrote:I wonder how heavy it is though... reason is because I have a P2K SW900 with sound and it is very lightweight. So much so, that P2K added a traction tire to each side to help with traction...

Edit: Saw in another thread that your 45 tonner runs like a dream... so you shouldn't have any problems with the MP15 either. Looking forward to your comments on the sound-equipped loco!
Gary;

About had heart failure when I read that about the MP15 possibly having traction tires!!! I HATE TRACTION TIRES! - Not being able to find out anything specific about this model, I'm assuming (and hoping) that they do not have them. I'll be more than a little disappointed if it comes with them installed and I have to replace those wheel sets!

The MP15 with a length of 48ft-8in is a little larger locomotive than and SW900 with a length of 44ft-8in so I'm hoping it has sufficient weight. I should be able to add a little more weight if needed in the air filter box.

Yep, that little 25 ft long 45 tonner with it's 6 foot wheel base trucks runs just great. I added a couple of turnouts and a couple of pieces of track to my "test track" and even with only one power feed and not the cleanest track, everything runs fine!

I'll let you know what happens, once I get the model. Ordered it Sunday evening on line and as of today (Tuesday) it has not been shipped! First time I've ordered from these folks, and they don't appear to be very fast in shipping orders.

Regards
Ed
"Friends don't let friends build Timesavers"

Messages In This Thread