Atlas MP-15dc With Sound
Well Gentlemen - the MP15 arrived yesterday and I've been trying her out this morning. Really disappointed - I CAN'T SMELL THE DIESEL EXHAUST!!!

Seriously - So far, I'm very pleased with this model. The sound is great and operation is smooth. No traction tires and seems to have plenty of weight. Detail is just great too. In fact, details are exactly right for the 10 MP15's the L&N purchased.

Did get a bit nervous when I first ran the model. At very slow speed (less than 10-12 smph) it would jerk very badly. But after running it back and forth on my test track for a little while - it seems to have smoothed out very nicely.

Just getting into this DCC stuff and I know there are a lot of adjustments I can make for individual locomotives, so will have to experiment some. Just getting used to the NEC Power Cab and this of course is my first sound equipped locomotive so this is an adventure.

In playing around with the loco this morning - one funny thing. Every now and then, and for no apparent reason, the loco will suddenly stop, then start moving again. Track is ultra clean and the few times that this has happened, it's always been in a different spot. Not sure what to make of that.

UPDATE: Managed to throw together a loop of track to run her on for break in purposes and it seems to be smoothing out nicely. Still does the occasional stall thing, but not quite as bad - even on not so clean track. After some break in running (about an hours worth) - did a little switching with her and must say it brought back memories hearing that EMD prime mover!
Ed
"Friends don't let friends build Timesavers"

Messages In This Thread