Steam...
nkp_174 Wrote:Here are a few locomotives (off the top of my head) that may interest you:
-Southern Pacific 4449...aka the Daylight...which was painted up for BNSF during one of the times she pulled BNSF employee appreciation specials. She is available in every scale on the cheap side of brass
-AT&SF 3751...San Bernadino, CA's finest resident. I believe she's been used on the BNSF EASs....a 4-8-4...available in plastic/diecast

Perhaps the best candidate after the 4449 is IHC's 2-6-0. While they offer here in 200 or so roadnames, she's actually a model of a Southern Pacific locomotive. One of them is running in Colorado. She's a cheap model...but looks great and runs well.

WOW, Thank you for all the info. I have a few questions....

In regards to the Southern Pacific 4449...aka the Daylight, is that the same one I posted pictures of made by Broadway Limited? I like the black look of that engine.

Next question, the AT&SF 3751...San Bernadino, CA's finest resident, what is this? You said available in plastic/diecast, by who?

You mentioned you own a Bachmann engine. I do not have anything from them. What are they like for details and equiped with? I am looking for DCC, sound, smoke, good runner and a lot of DETAILS!! Smile Brass is to much so that gives you an idea of what prices I am looking for.

Thank you for taking the time to respond. It is appreciated!!!

Messages In This Thread