In the South
"Space" is an amazing thing. The two plant buildings of the GERN complex have been removed to make place for some more modern structures.
The space left of the elevator was refilled with a very simple mock up made of two white and silver sprayed card stock pieces. The "large space" is subject to more detailed planning. The left end has been temporary visual closed with the old plumbers building. In the space to be discussed two trucks have been placed.

The birds view demonstrates the ugly truth: The is no "large space" at all to be filled with a remarkable industry building. The space is so small a truck could barely make a turn. The next picture from may chair demonstrate the lack of space even more drastically. With respect of the prototype dimensions and proportions of used and unused space in e.g. the Houston area I doubt if an additional building is justified at all.

I wanted to show and share this little example because it is the second time (last week the planned diner in the triangle area) I surprise myself with the "truck test". Just put a standard US truck on the free space and rethink it's size and possible use with respect of usual industry buildings of today.

An other aspect are the proportions. The removed building and the more simple white mock up emphasize the elevator as the tallest building and the silos as tall and dominating. That is a positive effect I like.

[Image: Img_0140.jpg]

[Image: Img_0141.jpg]

ps. No, the bumper is still not weathered. I am in love with the little bright yellow thing
Reinhard

Messages In This Thread