Good things come in narrow packages
Steve Wrote:wanted it cut into four 1' X 8' pieces. Well, let's just say he didn't get it quite right Curse ........no harm done, but I need to wait for a little warmer day to re-cut. Also, the wall has a bit of a bulge that I am going to have to compensate for Nope .

Icon_lol Steve working at Lowes in the Lumber/Building Materials Department for almost a year, if you do not tell them you want it exactly 12", they will just get it within a 1/4" to save time lol. Thats what i was instructed to do by my manager lol. It is also very hard to get it perfect on a large panel saw like he prolly used to cut it. What i did was set the saw at 90 degrees and lock it in place 12" from the bottom so that all four pieces cut would be exactly the same if it is dead on 12". Of coarse you have to take into effect the 1/8" saw blade as well. It can be tricky to get right, but if hes good, you should end up with 4 piceses that are exactly the same size and just shy of 12" each.....

I think your best bet and if you really wanna make sure there right, doing it yourself is a good idea lol Thumbsup
Josh Mader

Maders Trains
Offering everyday low prices for the Model Railroad World

Messages In This Thread