Dansbury Depot
Now it was about sixty-two years ago ... so ... :?

I can't speak to a small yard, but I definately do recall that there were two tracks out there off the edge of the platform. And I remember walking, holding Granddad's hand, all the way to the right-hand end of the platform to see the locomotive on the near track (which I seem to recall was the southbound track.)

Other than that ... i was very young and it was long ago. Icon_lol

(I do remember my grandmother grumbling to herself as she hurried to bring in the white wash as soon as she heard the next train blowing its whistle for grade crossings coming into town so the sheets wouldn't look like Dalmations. Their house was only a couple of blocks from the station - I could walk there as a three- or four-year-old) Big Grin

It is uncanny that I can remember things from when I was that young! I used to describe things and my father would say, "How do you remember that? You couldn't have been more than three or four years old!" But then, I am an extremely visual kind of person!
biL

Lehigh Susquehanna & Western 

"America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves." ~~Abraham Lincoln

Messages In This Thread