Dansbury Depot
Totally Disgusting!

And how convenient that it was on the National Historic Register and could not be razed to build some undoubtably out-of-place, architecturally repulsive new multi-function (read that as "performs many functions - none very successfully!") so there was ... a fire ... ohh ... what a shame ... and all that fire damage ... it'll have to be condemned ... but, gee, now we can build this multi-function building ... Shoot

I have no doubt the was some back room politics involved there ... possibly as far back as last July or August ... I mean, I did read that the fire was this October ... Icon_twisted 8-)

What a shame! When I last saw that little town, probably 18 years ago, it still looked much as it had back in 1948 or '49 when I used to go to that station with my grandfather! There are any number of little towns in upstate Pennsylvania that still look as they did back when they were first built. I think "quaint" is the word best used to describe them.
biL

Lehigh Susquehanna & Western 

"America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves." ~~Abraham Lincoln

Messages In This Thread