GEC's roster thread
Ralph Wrote:Great AMTRAK roster! Very nice equipment! Thumbsup Interesting stuff about the PC GG-1 numbering.
Ralph

Yeah, there was a lot of madness in the end there. In fact, the GG1s that were leased (and later bought) from Penn Central were the highest numbered Amtrak locomotives ever (until recently, most Amtrak engines have three digit road numbers. the Acela Express has a 4 digit road number, but it is still less than the GG1's 4900 series number).

Herc Driver Wrote:Electric equipment rules! I'm a fan of diesels...but those electric engines sure look great. I wish I could get more of them in Nscale. (I've got that Amtrak GG1 on order (Kato) and have an HHP8 (Bachmann), but there's very few Nscale choices for electric power.) Great collection you have! Thumbsup

Yeah, i saw some of those Kato units, they look pretty good, i had to resist the urge to pick up a "mini" GG1, lol. i know bachmann also had a E60CP, but people seem reluctant to pick them up. I'd like to see an N-scale AEM7. that will be tiny!
Modeling New Jersey Under the Wire 1978-1979.  
[Image: logosmall.png]

Messages In This Thread