GEC's roster thread
Green_Elite_Cab Wrote:I asked about a replacement nose, and they told me they had "photographs" of it with a nose light. I call BS, i have photos of them on the day they scrapped them, no nose light.
They probably had pics of the U36Bs. The U36Bs had red/clear nose lights as spec'd out for Auto Train. They were removed later in their service life.

Quote:The GP15-1s were Conrail's attempt to get a new local road switcher to replace the ancient 1st generation EMDs and Alco switchers. 100 of the engines were bought, the Second largest order of the units.
Love that unit. I am working on CR 1621 with the JUST DO IT paint scheme. That unit was painted in that scheme for only around 24-48 hours before being repainted into standard CR paint. I am having custom decals made and will be sure to send you and Tom a couple sets. (the minimum order is 25 sets, so I will have extras LOL)

Quote:Another interesting Conrail purchase was E8A #4020 in 1983.
I always wanted to model one of these units circa 1983, in worn Amtrak paint, with CR 4020 spray painted on the side. there is a photo of one in this condition in one of the CR motive power books, but I can't remember which one.

Quote:4020 and 4021 are now in their original PRR colors, though i'm not sure of the current fate of 4022, though it was still in Conrail OCS paint as of 2006.
4022 is back to being Erie 833 and is being taken care of. don't remember which road has it though.
-Dave

Messages In This Thread