GEC's roster thread
rrinker Wrote:There's a 9168, as well as 9186 and 9176, and 9170 and 71 listed on the roster on the Northeast Rails site. There are even pictures of the supposed 9186 and 9176 - RDCs with Reading paint, but you can't read the number boards. Where someone got the idea that those were the numbers I have no clue.
--Randy

Thats where i saw it. Perhaps someone assumed that Walthers/lifelike did their homework. On the topic of the Reading cars, i've been thinking of digging up cheap Athearn shells and splicing them together to make a full-length car with a more accurate "face". anyone try that yet?

Herc Driver Wrote:That is such an interesting collection of electric units! Very interesting history too. Really nice! Thumbsup

(And I still wish they made those engines in Nscale!)

Well, there are Metroliner EMUs in N-scale, AND repower kits for them to make them run nice. It might not be a bad idea to pick some up if you find them. Together with GG1s and E60CPs, you could realistically model amtrak operations on the Northeast Corridor in the Penn Central/Conrail era.

It looks like only those rectifiers (E33, E44) and AEM7s are the only one of the bunch you can't get N-scale. I think the Acela is in N as well, and i thought i saw an HHP8, but i could be wrong.
Modeling New Jersey Under the Wire 1978-1979.  
[Image: logosmall.png]

Messages In This Thread