GEC's roster thread
tetters Wrote:Where do you keep all your traction equipment GEC? Your collection is huge. Do you store all of it on the layout or do you have some shelves or drawers to put some of them away every once and a while?

It is huge, i actually haven't even finished photographing and posting all the stuff I had before i started this thread!

Anyway, i wish i had a layout large enough to store all of this! I actually use shoe shelving. In fact, i just got another shelf for my birthday Icon_lol and the sad thing is, its still not enough to hold everything. Each cubby hole can hold three pieces (sometimes 4, depending on the size). I gave all my locomotives priority for a place on the shelves, but if you've followed my threads, you know that i have a ton of Electric Multiple unit kits (Silverliner IIIs, Arrow IIIs, etc), and they'll all have to go on the shelf since their boxes won't be good enough to hold them after they're done. Luckily, a lot of my freight cars can stick around on the layout, either in the yard, in a train, or on their stub sidings.

In fact, some of the married pair MUs will be trouble, as the models, just as in real life, will be semi-permanently coupled because i hope to run the whole unit from one decoder.

In this photo, you can see everything i have that runs. The only exception that hasn't been pictured yet is my Challenger 4-6-6-4 (behind the J-1 out of sight), and my Arrow III single. Everything else is either being built, or is at my train club (only three locomotives and the other chunk of my Metroliner MU cars). I took photos of most of the rest of that stuff today, and when i have time later i'll post them. this is the second to last group. I think my NJ transit stuff will be last.

[Image: morerostershots12141000.jpg]
Modeling New Jersey Under the Wire 1978-1979.  
[Image: logosmall.png]

Messages In This Thread