GEC's roster thread
I have a new Silverliner III to add to the roster. For some reason, i cannot edit these old posts, so i'll have to make a new one. You can go back to page 2 for the info on the Silverliner III

Also, some Corrections to my previous posts Some of the MU designations are different

The Silverliner IV 9019is technically a Reading Class REG-14. the classification MA1E is a Penn Central classification for the same thing. These continued into Conrail.

I'm thinking they kept the Reading Classes because they were slightly different from their Penn Central versions. Reading catenary was more lightly constructed than the PRR versions, and so their pantographs had less pressure. Even more interesting, all Reading MUs feature Cow catchers, even the Silverliner IVs! These were truck mounted. SEPTA removed the cowcatchers from the Silverliner IVs and replaced them with Penn Central Style pilots. However, the Silverliner IIs (Reading Class REB-13) still have the cow catchers. They're certainly an interesting detail.
Modeling New Jersey Under the Wire 1978-1979.  
[Image: logosmall.png]

Messages In This Thread