Rubber stamp "decaling"
Russ Bellinis Wrote:I'm not sure of cost, but I think a couple of stamps are probably less expensive than having custom decal set made up. Especially if you need different decals for different types of rolling stock. You can then get your other data for the cars from standard railroad data sheets. Cool!

That's how I was looking at it Russ. I figured that if this worked I'd be set for life for creating Kings Port & Western logos. I looked at a custom decal site and it was more expensive than the stamps...and of course, I figured I'd have some percentage of fails applying the decals.

I'm intrigued by the experiments on decal sheets!

AF350, I was cautious and didn't handle the car for an hour after stamping. It was certainly dry then. I'm finding that my cars are a two step process. They need a gloss finish for the Microscale decals I use but it seems that a matte finish gives the stamp ink a little "toothy" surface.

Here is a hopper with Microscale decals added to the Kings Port & Western stamp. I still need to decide how to number my KP&W hoppers..

[Image: IMG_1898.jpg]

Thanks for your interest in this idea everyone!
Ralph

Messages In This Thread