Cant program locs
GEC wrote:
"Digitrax is the worst for this "selling a name" syndrome. They have not upgraded their DCC hardware in years, and their decoders are known to be problematic (just like kevins). People swear by digitrax since its one of the original makers of DCC (and what many people use). their popular name tends to hook in the new people to DCC, and when stuff goes wrong, it doesn't matter, you already gave Digitrax your money, and now you have to live with it or pay exorbitant repair/replacement fees."

I'm not sure I agree with GEC here...I've been using a D'trax Zephyr and all D'trax decoders since day one on my layout and the only serious problem I've ever had was "operator induced" (that's the fancy way of saying I f**** up.... Goldth ) which required a trip for my system to sunny Florida. They only charged for return postage. I can attest to the easy "start-up" process, and reliability of their products. I'm not sure what hardware updates GEC refers to, but they offer what is probably the most complete line of command stations and accesories to run anything from the simplest layout, to mega-sized club layouts.

I wouldn't hesitate to recommend D'trax products to any one that is contemplating getting into DCC.
Gus (LC&P).

Messages In This Thread