N Scale switching layout plan help needed PLZ
Thumbsup That's a neat layout plan. I like it.

Popcornbeer My idea (and you've probably already planned for this) is to give the inside corner of the "L" a radius that nearly matches the radius/bend of the tracks near it. You'd gain some real estate for scenery, and that right angle won't grab your attention and "point" to that part of the layout.

35 {Disclaimer - I tend to add too many tracks into too small a space...so read these suggestions with that in mind.} 35

Another suggestion...it looks to me like your "mainline" feed comes in and cuts through all the turnouts in both major switching areas. Would it be possible for an additional mainline track to parallel the (northern) yard tracks then meet the (western) switches? That would give you additional parking without losing too much real estate just (south) of your yard's ladder tracks. Oh...how about adding a run-around track to allow a switch engine to get from one end of the yard to the other or an engine parking track just off the yard?

(I need to stop myself now otherwise I'll be making suggestions that would end up covering every square foot of your design with rail. See Disclaimer above. Nope )
Mark

Citation Latitude Captain
--and--
Lt Colonel, USAF (Retired)

Messages In This Thread