L&N Industrial Rail Spur
Brakie Wrote:The new Slate Creek will have no run around and a minimum of 3 industries and a transload track.
Larry;

That sounds about like what I'm looking at doing. Two or three main industries and a transload/team track with push/pull operation. I'm a firm believer in the "less is more" concept, so it all boils down to picking out the right industries and trying to make the track plan look a little interesting without over doing it. Probably just something like Lance M's Palmetto Spur, but with one additional spur and not so straight looking. Lot of potential operation in a simple plan like that.

Got to have plenty of box car spots and a believable destination for the tank cars and a few covered hoppers. I'm looking at a long open dock type warehouse for the box car traffic and the transload/team track for tank cars and covered hoppers. Some other equipment I have, such as my fleet of Airslide hoppers and corn syrup tanks, may or may not get used depending on what other industries I want to try and include.

Main issue for me right now, is just getting motivated again to work on it!
Ed
"Friends don't let friends build Timesavers"

Messages In This Thread