L&N Industrial Rail Spur
Brakie Wrote:I forgot to mention..Looks like there is a lot of switching to be done..
Yep Larry. There is quite a bit of switching that can be done on this plan. Just placing/pulling one car at each of the industries takes on average about an hour. But of course not every industry gets switched every session. Sometimes, I'll just bring 1 or 2 cars on to the spur for a shorter session, but when my part time conductor trainee comes over, I always make sure there is at least 1 car for each industry, along with plenty of re-spots. Good training.

faraway Wrote:What did you use for the mockups? It look like a thick material, no styrene or card stock. The walls with a realistic thickness look very good even they are mockups only. May be it is an option for the final structures too?
Reinhard;
That material is a foam board with card stock about the thickness of poster board on each side of the foam. It's 3/16 inch thick and fairly easy to work with for those so-so mockups that I made. Had to get a special foam glue to use on it, but it does set up fairly quickly. I paid $1.00 each for 20in X 40in sheets.

It's okay for the mockups, but I would not recommend it for use on permanent structures; not even for an inner core. I do think the thickness would be really great for some structure walls, but would have to find a much better material.
Ed
"Friends don't let friends build Timesavers"

Messages In This Thread