L&N Industrial Rail Spur
Thought I'd post this variation of my ISL track plan that I've been experimenting with some. You'll notice that the track arrangement is only slightly changed from the previous drawing and it still provides plenty of car spots and operation; but this version uses the typical "suggestion" of including a team/transload track.     Main differences are I've moved the candy manufacturer to the extreme right end of the plan and it only spots tank cars and Airslide covered hoppers now (i.e.; Peerless Confections Chicago IL) - the location of the food processor, frozen meat distributor and the warehouse have been swapped.

The team/transload track includes a covered hopper transload shed, spot for unloading lumber/building products and a small crossdock structure (i.e.; TQW Crossdock on the Effingham Railroad) where we unload a car of beer once or twice a week. The folks in town do get thirsty!

The main thing that I don't like about this variation of the plan, is that it really doesn't give that look of your typical industrial spur with structures on both sides of the switching lead. The team/transload track does make it easier to couple/uncouple cars on that track and you can easily handle the cars that spot at the candy company structure, as that can be viewed from the right end of the bench work.

As with the previous drawing, I plan on adding a 6ft staging track on the left side of the plan and will have to make minor adjustments to the track at that point. For now, it works just fine by staging the train on the left side of the plan.

Any way, I keep experimenting with slight variations of the plan and hope to go with one or the other in the near future, once I get the health issues out of the way.
Ed
"Friends don't let friends build Timesavers"

Messages In This Thread