L&N Industrial Rail Spur
Thanks for all the kind words gentlemen. Darn good bunch of folks on here! Trying to get caught up on the comings and goings on The Gauge this morning after my ordeal this week. Only have managed to get on here very briefly since I got home Wednesday night.

Got way more than I bargained for with the surgery thing. Was in surgery for almost 6 hours Monday when they did the ablation on my heart, and it was sure a lot rougher then when I'd had it done about 6 years ago. I think the worse part of that was when they removed the 6 sheaves (little plastic tube thingy's) from my groin and chest! Ordinarily, it would have been fun to have three young ladies hovering over me, but some how, the mood just wasn't quite right. And it was anything but fun!

The real shocker came Tuesday morning when I was expecting to get to come home and the doctor made the grand announcement that he wanted to install a pacemaker in me! The ablation went okay, but they just couldn't get my heart rate up to where they wanted it. So got that extra, unexpected addition done that afternoon. I now have a decoder in my chest, making me DCC equipped just like my locomotives.

Feel like I've been run over by a truck or perhaps an SD70ACe would be more appropriate. Have so many different medications that I'm having to take right now, that the wife has to help me keep track of it all! Going to be some time before I can do much more than operate the layout some and perhaps do some little things like finish installing the scale size couplers on all the cars, paint wheel sets; other little things like that. Will try not to do too much re-planning as the layout appears to be fairly good at this point and so far I'm quite pleased with the latest version.

One very nice surprise last night. My buddy (and conductor trainee) came by the house and presented me with a kitbashed version of an L&N cab he'd been secretly working on for me to use on the layout and I was thrilled with the results. Amazing that he got it so close by using an old Athearn bay window cab that he had on hand. Any way, here she is:         I still need to install the red marker lights on each end of the roof, along with the marker boards, on the end railings, but it's still great looking as it is. Jerry has never built a layout at all, but has a fantastic collection of L&N motive power and some equipment that he's modified and painted over the past few years. Next project is to paint my NW-2 in to the L&N Rebel Scheme for me. Friends like that are few and far between.

Once again, thanks for the kind comments and your support.
Ed
"Friends don't let friends build Timesavers"

Messages In This Thread