Southern Pacific Switching Layout
Justinmiller171 Wrote:My heart is in this layout, My only problem with it was that I thought is was beyond my ability, but I have decided I will never gain any skill if I don't build anything.

I already have the track in place so once the weather clears up I will put down a coat of paint over those bright white doors, Then I will solder the track together, Then do the wiring, Then once it runs reliably I will add the backdrop, mock-up some structures, then do scenery.

this layout will probably only last for a couple of years so I am not very concerned with how it looks, it is primarily just for practice.

Do the wiring before you solder the track together. If it isn't fastened down, pick it up and paint the door first. You can solder flex together if you solder two pieces together and then leave the next connection unsoldered to allow for expansion and contraction with temperature changes. You want to test run trains on it first before you make anything permanent. That way you get any "bugs and glitches" out of the track work before you make it permanent.

Messages In This Thread