Southern Pacific Switching Layout
Mike Kieran Wrote:Could I make a suggestion? If you make the turnout into Consolidated Container a right hand turnout instead of a left hand turnout, Eagle Foods would be able to fit 4 cars instead of 3 cars. Another result of the turnout change is that the line would look like part of the mainline with Consolidated Container branching off instead of the mainline branching off of Consolidated Container.
I tried that, but even with Stein's plan it still requires a train to go through an S-curve when switching Consolidated Container, Even with a straight section in-between it still doesn't look right to me.

Mike Kieran Wrote:I would also put the transload to the front of the storage track instead of at the rear. This way you can switch the customer without disturbing the cars on the storage track unless you use the storage track for another customer. How about a building supply? Flats, box cars, hoppers, covered hoppers, gondolas, flat cars, center beam cars, etc.

Since the transload will be switched alot less often than the storage, I opted to leave it at the end, But I agree with you about changing Premier to a Building Supply Thumbsup
Justin Miller
Modeling the Lebanon Industrial Railway (LIRY)

Messages In This Thread