Plug-n-Play decoder, non-Plug-n-Play Loco?
rrinker Wrote:Hold on, I'll go get my Reading loco diagrams book and see just which single note honker they had.

Rats, no info. Some of them mention the horn type, others do not. Some EMD switchers had Typhon single note horns - it would probably be reasonable to assume they were somewhat consistent, but the place to ask is on the Reading Modeler web site. ... -- Randy

The Reading Modeler is the site that I alluded to earlier where I had several "Looky-Lou's" but no info offered. I just got two subscriber notices in my inbox, and holding off on Big Blue as saving the best for last, I went to the Reading Modeler first. The posting was some person with a total of four posts who I'm sure had all the best intentions when he asked me what scale the S-2 in question was.

I then came here to read your informative input, Randy, and to listen once more to the sound samples that Charlie had posted above to see if I couldn't match them up by switching back and forth between his sounds and the Soundtraxx sounds. I'll let you know ... tomorrow ... I'm going to try to go to bed, after a nebulizer breathing treatment and about a half hour or so of long, slow, deep pulls on the oxygen cylinder ... we'll see how i feel then ... whether I dare lay down or stay up to try to improve my O2 level before I risk getting prone and falling asleep ...

... feeling just a bit tight right now ... don't want to go back to that Hell Hole they pretend is a hospital in this town ... I'm not over what I caught the last time I was there!!!!!!
biL

Lehigh Susquehanna & Western 

"America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves." ~~Abraham Lincoln

Messages In This Thread