Plug-n-Play decoder, non-Plug-n-Play Loco?
Squidbait Wrote: Yes, it's amazing what those old Klipsch horns could do. Not many people realize that the sound in movie theatres was delivered with a paltry 20 watts or so and some honking big horns. ... someday in my copious spare time ... play with folded baffle arrangements for DCC speakers to see if I can shape the sound profile a little more ... put a few of these little speakers on the spectrum analyser just to see what they actually reproduce.

As an Industrial Designer for thirty-five plus years, I have gathered enough little tidbits of knowledge to sound like I know what I'm talking about on a broad array of topics, as long as the conversation doesn't drag on for too long. Big Grin 357

And, yes, I'd be interested to know of any simple stunt or tiny trick, including results of the analyzer, designed to give us better, deeper sound from our models!

[the opposite is at work in the cooling slots and louvers on your heat-generating electronics equipment! The width and length of those cooling slots is determined in reality not by the need to cool, but by the RFI wave length we need to keep in or keep out. The you must figure out how to pass enough air through those slots to cool the electronics ... got a three inch pancake fan?]
biL

Lehigh Susquehanna & Western 

"America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves." ~~Abraham Lincoln

Messages In This Thread