The Hjemstad Line
The duck-under project has been put on hold for a while. Before the removable section can be fitted, I have to finish a couple of other sections first. The small section below the window can almost be considered the cornerstone of the layout, as both corner sections as well as the peninsula depend on it being in place, and so I decided to finish that one first.

The track is fixed in place and the track ends soldered to brass screws, I have cut the webbing between the ties and adjusted the tie distance according to Norwegian prototype, and all the wiring is done. I have also prepared for the possible future use of track occupancy detectors, and I have made small connector boxes with plugs for easy connection to the other sections:

[Image: wp20150823001_w1200.jpg]

[Image: wp20150823002_w1200.jpg]

[Image: wp20150823003_w1200.jpg]

After I posted this on a Norwegian forum, we had a small discussion about proper wiring and the use of different wire colors to make any possible trouble shooting easier. As seen in the pics, I have used the same colors (blue and brown) for both DCC bus and AC accessory bus, with only the plug colors (black vs red) separating them. After some thinking, I have decided to replace the accessory bus with different colored wires, just to be on the safe side.

Messages In This Thread