The Hjemstad Line
Sorry for my late reply. My grandfather passed away last Saturday, and with the loss of both my grandparents within six weeks, my mind has been elsewhere.

Stein; no close-ups of the station area at this point, nothing to show off yet. However, I did another test assembly yesterday, with nearly all the pieces for the middle section. Still have some more work to do before I can start gluing it together, but you get an idea of how the layout will look when everything is in place:

[Image: 1255_w1200.jpg]

[Image: 1257_w1200.jpg]

Here you can clearly see the difference between the original water level on the first section, and the new and raised water level on the other two sections:

[Image: 1259_w1200.jpg]

Here's where the apron will be. There will be a concrete foundation at the nearest corner of the water level (at the bottom edge in the pic) to support one of the towers, the other tower will be placed at the end of the dock (to the right in the picture):

[Image: 1263_w1200.jpg]

My initial plan was to build the apron like the prototype, hinged in one end and movable in the other, but with the new and raised water level the structure should be partially submerged in water (like in the pics earlier in this thread), so I wonder if I should build only the visible parts of the structure and just place it on top of the water surface. Any comments or suggestions about this?

Messages In This Thread