The Hjemstad Line
Svein Wrote:Thanks for the info, that's nice to know. What do you think about the quality and detailing, is it a good kit? I probably have to add around $20 to $30 shipping cost to the price, I haven't found that kit in any webshops here in Norway. Svein
The quality: Fair to Good, some flash, and some details are a bit "heavier" than they could have been. The kit has been around for some time now. I usually buy a kit like this one, as a "start", and build what I want, out of the parts. I've spent enough time around ships to know how big "things" are, and I don't hesitate to "fix the mistakes". It's not an HO scale kit, so there are some details that would need to be reworked, like doors, and the height off the deck of the port lights ( portholes ).
Where most people would probably not have any familiarity with a fishing vessel, any size problem with the "fishing hardware", would go pretty much unnoticed. It's a reasonable good kit, for a reasonable price.
We always learn far more from our own mistakes, than we will ever learn from another's advice.
The greatest place to live life, is on the sharp leading edge of a learning curve.
Lead me not into temptation.....I can find it myself!

Messages In This Thread