The Hjemstad Line
Some pics of the progress so far:

Left section, the stub ended track in front is just a temporary piece of flex track:
[Image: 1413_w1200.jpg]

Middle section with my engines (except one, no decoder in that one yet) parked after their test run:
[Image: 1414_w1200.jpg]

Right section, the stub ended tracks are just temporary:
[Image: 1415_w1200.jpg]

The turntable with approach track, the transition from roadbed down onto the top is made from layers of 1mm ply glued together. The turntable is still missing a lot of detail parts that must be applied separately:
[Image: 1418_w1200.jpg]

The curve leading to staging, the protruding part of the track will be cut after fastened to the next section to avoid any kinks in the section joint. I've cut small pieces of 1mm ply and placed under the outer rail for a slight superelevation. This is the problem curve on which my biggest engine shorts, I have to do some more work here to fix that issue:
[Image: 1419_w1200.jpg]

Looking towards the right half of the layout:
[Image: 1430_w1200.jpg]

And the left half:
[Image: 1432_w1200.jpg]

The second Jordan car is allmost ready for assembly. The fenders and side steps are not painted yet, but the body and interior is finished. She mentioned having used five coats of varnish on the body, and countless coats of green and black after sanding the pieces several times:
[Image: 1423_w1200.jpg]

[Image: 1426_w1200.jpg]

[Image: 1429_w1200.jpg]

Svein

Messages In This Thread