Bridge at Mason Park
88, my first thought was what you said, but then I had to wonder how the segments would have been bonded together. There aren't any holes or any other visible means of attaching them together. I think TinGoat nailed it. The pile driver probably drives them in until a certain pressure is reached, or until the things aren't going down any further, then they have to cut them off.

On the cut-off segments, the reinforcing steel isn't rebar, it looked more like large cable that was cut off with a torch. These were located only around the outer perimeter of the column.

I always enjoy sharing these builds with you guys, and I always appreciate the input and comments. After this, there is only one other bridge to be done, so the builds will come to an end, then it will be structures and scenery.

Again, I always look forward to the comments you guys give me! Thumbsup

Concernng modeling the octagonal columns, I just finished cutting the corners off of some .250 square styrene. Used the table saw with the blade retracted almost all the way, then carefully pushed the styrene perpendicularly across the blade. It leaves a rough cut, but then scraping it with a hobby knife is cleaning it up pretty good.
Three Foot Rule In Effect At All Times

Messages In This Thread