New Precision Craft Model E7 Running Poorly
Herc Driver Wrote:Finally figured it out...and here's the answer. 2285_

But I also learned the value of friendship between a LHS owner and repeat customer. As a "reward" for solving this problem, my LHS owner gave the engine to me and my boys as a "payment" for fixing it for him. So we ended up with a nice pre-Christmas present! Thumbsup

Mark, That was one great gesture by the LHS. You are so lucky to have one that cares about it's customers. He couldn't have done it for a better guy.
I hadn't been to a local hobby shop for over 20 years, because I had been out of town. There was a new one that was only 20 miles away so we took a drive last week. I needed some spikes...They didn't even know what they were. Goldth They were catering more to the RC gang with a few train sets on the shelf, but really, they didn't know what a railroad spike was.
I then went to one of my old favorites but the original owner had died a while back. They had spikes but when I asked for ties, no dice. Of course he could order them and have them in a week, but I figured I didn't need to drive 40 miles once again for a package of ties. I did buy some other parts that some day I'll need.
Charlie

Messages In This Thread