New Precision Craft Model E7 Running Poorly
By way of background...We have only two hobby stores here in Charlotte, and both are trying hard to add to their Nscale collections. Both have a good amount of HO and O gauge cars and accessories already. There's a great train store in Spencer, NC right across the street from the NC Transportation Museum, but that's over an hour away from my house, so I only get there maybe once a year.

I was happily surprised my LHS owner did that too. Granted, over these past five years I've been seriously back into the hobby, I've purchased almost every engine and car from him, so he's done well (at least I hope he has). But I was sincerely pleased at the gesture, and my boys really appreciated it too. I wish he derived more business from the "train crowd"...since most of his business is with RC cars and planes, and the school project rockets and derby cars, and the model car/plane/boat builder. I've tried to help him where I can as well...being in the store to answer train related questions to help him make some sales and add to his customer base...even fixed a broken Bachmann engine for a kid right there at the checkout counter. But I'm happy to help and foster a good relationship with him and his staff. I benefit because he'll order whatever I need/want and all without shipping costs to me, then subtracts a percentage from MSRP before he sells it. It benefits him because I'm a regular customer who keeps ordering from him exclusively, and that has to improve his store's bottom line. I'm sure I could save a buck ordering on the internet...but a day like today solidly reminds me why I normally don't purchase my train gear from cyberspace.
Mark

Citation Latitude Captain
--and--
Lt Colonel, USAF (Retired)

Messages In This Thread