When I'm gone ...
Most of us don't give much thought to what will happen to our trains when we're no longer around to keep an eye on them. So I'm going to give and invite suggestions on what to do.

You should have a careful friend who will be willing to take down your layout and pack the movable bits for sale or donation. If you're in a club, there may be a member who will do that and the club may have an event where things can be sold.
Your spouse should have an idea of what items are worth. I know that a lot of you sneak in new locos and tell her that it's just an old $10 Athearn, but a couple of brass locos may top up her pension for a few months. Or it may keep you in the nursing home for another month. A list with cost and current values is extremely useful -- and you should have one for insurance (my next project).
Find out if the local shop will sell off your trains. Find out also if they will charge to take them away.
You might make notes about how your layout went together and should come apart.
David
Moderato ma non troppo
Perth & Exeter Railway Company
Esquesing & Chinguacousy Radial Railway
In model railroading, there are between six and two hundred ways of performing a given task.
Most modellers can get two of them to work.

Messages In This Thread