Peco Insulfrog Nscale Turnout Short?
Hi Guys,

I know there's been similar topic threads like this one...but I've got a problem I can't solve so allow me to ask for advice again.

I'm using Peco Insulfrog turnouts and on some of the turnouts as a metal wheel passes over the area where the Through Rail and Divergent Rail nearly meet, I'm getting a short as the metal wheel rolls by. The exact point where the two rails meet rests in an insulated piece of plastic that helps direct the wheel along the desired track. I've tried filing down as much material on the outside of both rails as I dare to widen the area between the two separate tracks. Still, I get a short. So now I'm wondering...is there something I can put on the tracks that will insulate that tiny area of track? Clear nail polish? Paint? Glue?

From the research I've done, the Peco's are great operationally, but not exactly NMRA standard when it comes to their rail guides and other components of the turnout and switching mechanism. The gauge of the rails is less than 1mm more narrow than the Atlas Flex track it joins to. So I've already decreased the height of the plastic wheel guides to prevent the truck from rolling up and over the guide. This short problem (a audible and visible spark) has me baffled though.

Any ideas? 'Cuz I'm fresh out.
Mark

Citation Latitude Captain
--and--
Lt Colonel, USAF (Retired)

Messages In This Thread