Bridge at South Wayside
ocalicreek Wrote:I imagine a NWSL chopper would come in handy for this sort of work.

I don't have one, but will make some cutting jigs this afternoon. I didn't quite realize how many pieces it would take to build this one. 90 inches at 18 pieces per inch is 1620 pieces! :o

As I was thinking about that last night, the only sensible thing other than getting a "chopper" is to make some cutting pattern-jigs to keep everything uniform and speed up the process. For the jigs, I'll take some sheet styrene and strip and make a sort of guillotine type thing for use with a single edged razor blade to get accurate lengths and straight cuts.

ocalicreek Wrote:And don't worry, I trust you, although I appreciate the picture 'proof'.

Considering the speed at which I am getting the bridges accomplished (surprising to me too), I have on occasion wondered if some of you may have suspected that either: 1) these bridges were built long ago, or 2) I've had someone helping me. But no, the dates on the threads follow along the timeline of the builds, and the only help I have had is some occasional painting by my wife.

For this bridge, I'm anxious to get the concrete railing work done so I can get to the "bigger picture" of the bridge... the excavation and build of the road and the concrete walls.
Three Foot Rule In Effect At All Times

Messages In This Thread