Bridge at South Wayside
Gary S Wrote:S-two-fiddy, the work you did on the ship is fabulous, and much more intricate than what I am doing. The smallest strip I am working with is .015 x .060. Yours looks to be considerably smaller and your creations never cease to amaze me!
_________
To be frank, I almost feel that somehow I am "cheating" because my modeling skills (and my desire to accomplish such work) just aren't up to par with the best of Big Blue. But again, you do make me feel good when you admire my work and I enjoy sharing my projects with you. Smile
_________
One of the best things about Big Blue is taking my limited skills and raising them to a new level just by trying new things... new things that I now see are possible because other folks are accomplishing them! On that note, I have seen your attention to detail, and have no doubt that your modeling is on par with the best!
_________
Now... back to the styrene!

" The smallest strip I am working with is .015 x .060. Yours looks to be considerably smaller ".

They were smaller. The ship is bashed from the Lindberg "Jolly Roger Pirate Ship" kit and is close to N scale. BUT, the process is still the same. Bits and pieces of styrene are layered to create the final item. Sometimes the bits and pieces are large, sometimes they are very small. They are still, and will always be bits and pieces, layered to make something else, and I meant what I said about " feeling the pain", I know what it is to cut, fit, and assemble "bits and pieces".

" To be frank, I almost feel that somehow I am "cheating" because my modeling skills (and my desire to accomplish such work) just aren't up to par with the best of Big Blue. "

My answer to that is, " The camera doesn't lie ".......and I think it has been closer than three feet, and still looks good.

' One of the best things about Big Blue is taking my limited skills and raising them to a new level just by trying new things... new things that I now see are possible because other folks are accomplishing them! "

Cheers That, is what sets this board apart from so many others....we see it has been done "better", and we work to reach that level. Thumbsup Thumbsup Thumbsup
No one is "so good", that they can't learn something new. I do believe that you have, in fact, laid down a level that others can strive to reach..........fact, not flattery.
We always learn far more from our own mistakes, than we will ever learn from another's advice.
The greatest place to live life, is on the sharp leading edge of a learning curve.
Lead me not into temptation.....I can find it myself!

Messages In This Thread