Bridge at South Wayside
faraway Wrote:Gary, it is a question of personal preferences. If you have the patience to work a given time on one object to make it the way you like it it is very well spend time and worth every second of your life.

I usually don't have the patience, I am typically an "I want it now" kind of person. I admit that this hobby has helped me in that respect, sometimes yu just have to wait for good things. One thing that comes to mind is ballasting - I did some the other day, experimenting with adding various sand and dirt around the edges of the right-of-way, and of course, the glue takes at least 24 hours to dry completely before you know how the colors are going to look. Sometimes I can't help but poke it with my fingers to see if it is dry! But it has definitely taught me to slow down.

faraway Wrote:You might have done the bridge in a half day and it would look like my street running trackage in the new north yard. I am very sure you would call that day a lost day of your life.

Well, I wouldn't go as far as saying that your street trackage looks bad. We are generally our own worst critics!

faraway Wrote:It is hobby and no business at all. Time we enjoy is always well spend time.

I can say that I am enjoying having the pieces made, but can't say i really enjoyed the time spent. As Gus said, once it is done, it is time well spent and this bridge will mean even more to me because I know the effort that went in it.
Three Foot Rule In Effect At All Times

Messages In This Thread