Bridge at South Wayside
Re: size of styrene strip:

Sumpter250 Wrote:They were smaller. The ship is bashed from the Lindberg "Jolly Roger Pirate Ship" kit and is close to N scale. BUT, the process is still the same. Bits and pieces of styrene are layered to create the final item. Sometimes the bits and pieces are large, sometimes they are very small. They are still, and will always be bits and pieces, layered to make something else, and I meant what I said about " feeling the pain", I know what it is to cut, fit, and assemble "bits and pieces".

My fumbling fingers had trouble with the strips I was using.... anything smaller would have been tough for me. And now you say the ship is approximately n scale? :o From the photo, I imagined the ship was at least HO scale! Geez, I am even more impressed! Did you use an opti-visor? What kind of glue?

Re: skill level or lack thereof:

Sumpter250 Wrote:My answer to that is, " The camera doesn't lie ".......and I think it has been closer than three feet, and still looks good.
I do believe that you have, in fact, laid down a level that others can strive to reach..........fact, not flattery.

As I said to Reinhard, we are generally our own worst critics. I am betting that there are things on your ship that you aren't completely satisfied with, yet no one else even sees them. When I look at the pieces I made, I can see things which are crooked, cut wrong, etc. The salvation is that once put into the layout scene, the scrutiny won't be on each indivdual piece, but on the overall effect. I appreciate your "fact not flattery" comment, it makes me feel good and also encourages me that what is being accomplished is worthwhile to others. I am very much looking forward to having the layout on the Houston model railroad tour next year.
Three Foot Rule In Effect At All Times

Messages In This Thread