TPBO
After months of coming up with various track plans and operating concepts I think I've developed "TPBO" (Track Planning Burn Out)! :?

I've pretty much settled on doing a freelance industrial spur along the lines of what some others have done, but which could also possibly be treated as a separate short line on the order of what Jack Hill is doing (http://oscalewcor.blogspot.com/). But none of the track plans have really grabbed me to the point that I'm really fired up about starting. Even though I've really been inspired by some of the great looking switching layouts I've seen on here and elsewhere, I just can't quite settle on a plan that really says "This is the one!!!".

I know what industries I want on the layout and the era (late 1970's-early 1980's) - got all sorts of equipment to operate on it and plenty of Peco turnouts and flex track running out my ears, but....

About all I've done at this point is lay temporary track the length of my benchwork (20ft) and put a couple of sidings on it just to have something to operate those sound equipped loco's I've acquired and do some simple switching. I'm eager to start scratch building structures, doing some scenery and really operate something, but just can't get motivated. Can't even follow my own advice to "Just Do It"!

Any of you fellows ever have this problem and if so, how'd you over come it? I'm open to suggestions.
Ed
"Friends don't let friends build Timesavers"

Messages In This Thread