TPBO
faraway Wrote:There is definite something changing. The old thinking was to make the track layout as complicated as possible to need as much time as possible to do the switching in the limited space. The discussions of the last months starting at the focal point "run around" did change that very much.
The new goal is much more aligned with the prototype. "Get the thing done in an efficient manner".

My new north yard follows that new goal. The older south yard makes switching really a pain. I got very fast adopted to the new goal. Efficient switching is fun Thumbsup
Reinhard;
You do some outstanding modeling work! Love what you are doing and like several others on this thread and elsewhere - you are an inspiration! It is a bit disappointing for me that some of your first posted photos no longer show up on the thread for some reason, but really love watching what you are doing.

Yep, things are changing and for the better in my opinion. I clearly remember when I first ran across Lance Mindheim's web site and thinking to myself "Wow, here's a model railroader that understands prototype operations and has created a model railroad layout that really captures it!". Hard to say how many people have been influenced by Lance. Seeing his work and then finding this group and seeing the work done by some of the folks on here - got me to completely change my plans. Maybe that's my problem - just too many good, small, realistic layouts these days and every time I think I've settled on something - along comes another neat operation or I find another nice looking piece of railroad on Google or Bing!

By the way (and off topic a bit) how do you like those GenSets? Were I modeling the current day rather than "the good old days for me), I'd sure have to get one of them! Just too modern for me, but I love the older switchers and geeps.
Ed
"Friends don't let friends build Timesavers"

Messages In This Thread