TPBO
FCIN Wrote:Gary; I didn't know where this thread would go - if anywhere - but it has succeeded in getting me motivated enough to actually start doing something. In that regard, I'm tickled pink. Still have a way to go, settling on that "final" plan/theme for the layout - but at least now I'm seeing what will or won't work AND I can operate something!!!

Well, it is working on me too! I'm ready to do some operatin'!

FCIN Wrote:This afternoon and this evening, I operated what I'll call two "formal" operating sessions on the current layout theme. I made up switch lists for each session - the first one with 5 inbound and 5 outbound cars and every industry/track was worked and the second one with just 2 cars inbound and 3 outbound and only two of the industries were switched. Had a ball!!!

Glad you had some fun, and that your enthusiasm is back on.

Even though my layout is pretty big with 180 feet of shelves, I consider it to be an ISL, well, maybe we could say it is three ISLs with trackage between them and staging at each end. That's why this thread has me so interested - always enlightening to listen in on guys who actually worked on the railroad when they are discussing this stuff.
Three Foot Rule In Effect At All Times

Messages In This Thread