TPBO
Brakie Wrote:Ed,90% of my past layouts have been ISs and every one was generic since this gave me the opportunity to model more then one road-yeah always had a oddball engine. Icon_lol
Even Slate Creek can be N&W,Southern,NS,CSX or C&HV. :o
I heard that! I've managed to acquire several locomotives from different roads that I didn't really need, but I just plain liked 'em!

Right now I have two great running L&N loco's and a nice looking L&N cab and since L&N was one of my former railroad employers, I'm going with that. But I've also acquired a Mo-Pac GP15-1 (just like 'em category) that I finally got running good along with a CGW NW-2 that will receive L&N paint in the near future.

The Mo-Pac unit "might" be considered on lease or possibly acquired when L&N took over the CEI line in to Evansville, IN (never happened for real) if I want to run it at times. Then again, should I decide at some point to make the railroad itself freelance, I could just paint out the Mo-Pac logo and slap on my freelance reporting marks.

There have been so many short lines that at one time or another appealed to me and that I considered modeling that it's a shame. But ultimately, I've just gone with a freelance theme, because as I've stated; it doesn't tie me to modeling a particular location, specific industries, car types and commodites. I can pick what I want.

I really admire the fellows that will pick a specific railroad and location and model every industry and structure, in that location; but I just find that I'm happier going freelance. As I said in the previous posting, my ISL can be in any number of locations once served by the L&N so the theme works.
Ed
"Friends don't let friends build Timesavers"

Messages In This Thread