TPBO
Justinmiller171 Wrote:That's a good idea, I think it is alot more fun to make up your own railroad, There are lot of shortlines that serve isolated industrial parks in different states(Such as SMS rail), therefore you can change your location at will.
Another company operating short lines and industrial operations in various locations is U S Rail http://www.usrailcorp.com/. They have operations in Kentucky, Indiana, Ohio, New York and New Jersey. Can't say much for their paint scheme, but the logo isn't bad. Some interesting operations though.    
Justinmiller171 Wrote:I was thinking that we could make a fictional holding company called Big Blue Rail Lines or something like that, It could "own" the participating members of this forums Short-lines.I think that would be a fun way to connect some of our layouts.
That might be fun at some point and we could have a little contest to select a prototypical sounding name, reporting marks and a nice looking logo for this short line operator. And at the risk of having this thread turned 180 degrees, here's one idea based on the NYC cigar band logo:    
Ed
"Friends don't let friends build Timesavers"

Messages In This Thread