Another new member here
WT fan Wrote:
P5se Camelback Wrote: I'd like to know more about that charming little piece of motive power ... what sound decoder, what speaker, how is it all installed, etc.
... I've scratch built my first 25-ton and had an article in Scale Rails, March 2010. BTW, this was the last project on my way to MMR. With this experience I've built a Grandt Line kit, also with BullAnt and ESU Loksound micro. Here's my HowTo. Wolfgang

Wolfgang ...

Your "How-To" was inspiring to this old retired Industrial Designer! The craftsmanship of your work is beautiful!

You cause me to think long and hard about what I have been doing in the hobby and what direction I should now take ... continue in the direction that I have been traveling for years, or take the alternate road that faces me at this point in my life. I, too, have built a variation of the Third Street Industrial, back in the early '80's. Split in the center to make it more manageable, it was the initial two parts of a large, basement-sized layout that I was building. The two sections that were "Third Street" were all hand laid track and when I had to move for a new job, they were saved, wrapped in bubble-wrap and have been in a storage facility since then (20+ years.) I was considering cutting them into sections that could be "re-purposed" into a new, different layout to fit in my new living space. But your interpretation of Third Street is causing me to re-think that decision.

You have also given me encouragement! I had started to do some work on parts of the NMRA's Achievement Program a while ago (for the Gold Spike Award) but had lost sight of that goal. Seeing what you have done, plus watching that cute little 25-Tonnwer switch Third Street (as well as watching the fabrication of "the Bridges of Houston" and the erection of a big fat 4-8-0 Camelback) has inspired me to get up off my old, skinny bottom and make a concerted effort to earn that first rung on the Achievement Program ladder!

Thank you, Wolfgang! and ... Welcome ... again!
biL

Lehigh Susquehanna & Western 

"America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves." ~~Abraham Lincoln

Messages In This Thread