Switchers stalling? Please no.
Lutz,
this is a very good adaption to diesels of my all time favoured, preached and realized “three point mounting” at all my freight cars. Best of all the models do not swing side by side on uneven track, at rail points or bad installed switches. And this swinging will be one of best realized characteristics at industrial produced model cars. And here I must say that this is not comparable with swinging cars in reality, industrial built model cars do more vibrate than swing.

Russ,
I can not understand this solution of a workshopper giving the wheels an extreme high maneuverability in order to avoid the bad running and derailments on bad laid track. And I can not understand the statements of grounds that the car weight will not be high enough for a good working of three point mounted trucks. My models are close to NMRA weights and in many cases until 20 percent lower – and they run all without derailments and without vibrations. I’m absolutely sure that this “three point mounting” will give the best running quality of models and the realisation to engines (also steam engines!) will help to give additional a solid electrical power supply.

Lutz, a very good work! I remember that you did same at steam engines in a few cases? Let see us your solutions here also.
Cheers, Bernd

Please visit also my website www.us-modelsof1900.de.
You can read some more about my model projects and interests in my chronicle of facebook.

Messages In This Thread