Switchers stalling? Please no.
modelsof1900 Wrote:Russ,
I can not understand this solution of a workshopper giving the wheels an extreme high maneuverability in order to avoid the bad running and derailments on bad laid track. And I can not understand the statements of grounds that the car weight will not be high enough for a good working of three point mounted trucks. My models are close to NMRA weights and in many cases until 20 percent lower – and they run all without derailments and without vibrations. I’m absolutely sure that this “three point mounting” will give the best running quality of models and the realisation to engines (also steam engines!) will help to give additional a solid electrical power supply.

Lutz, a very good work! I remember that you did same at steam engines in a few cases? Let see us your solutions here also.

The guy giving the clinic was from an old local model railroad club. Their track work is aparently not the best, but the club is not going to change it. They have found that if the three point system is employed on any car or locomotives that they will consistently derail all over the railroad, but by loosening the trucks slightly, they will stay on the tracks without problems. The trucks are not real loose, we are talking about a boxcar roof being able to rock 1/8 inch either way and still have the trucks stay on the tracks. That sort of mounting allows the truck to absorb uneveness in the track and stay on the rails.

Messages In This Thread